Feb 01, 2014
Winery Honors People Doing Good in Local Communities for Second Year
MODESTO, Calif. – Barefoot, maker of fun, flavorful and affordable wines and bubblies, has a long-standing tradition of putting community first by supporting local nonprofits and the people behind them. Now the winery is continuing that commitment and celebrating big-hearted people making a difference through its second annual “Soles of the Year” program.
“Our ‘Soles of the Year’ program celebrates people who are the backbone of diverse philanthropic organizations,” said Matthew Farver of Barefoot Wine & Bubbly. “They put their heart and ‘sole’ into to the causes they support and for that we raise a glass to each of them!”
2014 Soles of the Year
- Ever Chavez, Founder and Executive Director of FUNDarte (Miami, FL) – Promotes performing and visual arts which speak to Miami’s diverse cultures with an emphasis on Hispanic arts and culture, while also providing local audiences with educational opportunities that expand their creative, critical and social perspectives.
- Jeff Kagan, Co-Founder of NYC Gay Hockey Association (New York, NY) – New York’s first official gay hockey organization that provides an environment free of harassment and discrimination for members and friends of the LGBT community to play ice hockey and fulfill their athletic aspirations.
- Lynn Cuny, Founder and President of Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation (Kendalia, TX) – Leads an organization that has worked diligently to rescue and rehabilitate all species of native birds, mammals and reptiles (approximately 7,000/year) for the sole purpose of returning them to the wild, while also providing permanent sanctuary for hundreds of animals who have been rescued from the cruelty of the wild animal “pet” trade, roadside zoos, and laboratories.
- Stuart Kandell, Founder of Stagebridge (Oakland, CA) – A theatre company of seniors that offers older adults opportunities for lifelong learning and participation in the performing arts.
- Sue Naiden, Founder of Trio Animal Foundation (Chicago, IL) – Raises funds to help shelters and individuals pay the medical bills of homeless pets in dire need of medical attention while also promoting spay, neuter and responsible pet adoption.
To help celebrate the program, Barefoot will be making a donation to and providing support for each nonprofit along with telling their stories online and in-store. Fans can learn more about all of the “Soles of the Year” at BarefootWine.com, and those feeling inspired can join the conversation on Facebook (Facebook.com/barefootwine) and Twitter (@BarefootWine).
ABOUT BAREFOOT WINE & BUBBLY
Barefoot Wine is the most awarded wine brand in US competitions. Barefoot’s California wines are attractively priced and can be found in bottles bearing the fun, iconic footprint label. Barefoot’s still wine portfolio includes 16 offerings and is available for a suggested retail price of $7 for 750-ml bottles, $12 for 1.5-liter bottles. Barefoot Bubbly ($10) is available in nine offerings, including NEW Barefoot Bubbly Fusions, and is the most awarded Sparkling Wine in US competitions. Barefoot Refresh ($8) is available in four new light and lively offerings. For additional information, visit BarefootWine.com or Facebook.com/barefootwine.
Contact: Hunter Public Relations
Lauren Castelluzzo, email@example.com
Blaine Rueber, firstname.lastname@example.org